On February 22, 2016 I'll be returning to Chicago Photography Classes to teach a 7 week intensive workshop on black and white photography. This is a comprehensive course that will change the way you think about your work. I will guide you through the entire process of creating fine art black and white photographs. We will dig down into some of my award winning images and you will see exactly how they were made. Then you'll learn my step-by-step process and you will use it to create some of your own work. You will shoot, edit, and print your own photographs using the approach and techniques covered in class. Topics covered include:
- a comprehensive look at artistic vision
- approach and composition in the field
- controlling light in post production
- masking and selections in Photoshop
- controlling the viewer's eye
- fine art printing
For more information visit the Chicago Photography Classes website.